Vacancy announcement Value chain assistant
Value chain assistant
Value chain assistant will support/assist Agricultural value chain specialist on the value chain assessment of the agricultural commodities (especially milk and meat) in LCP target provinces to provide evidence-based information to programme design. In particular, market assessment should shed light on the status and viability of existing and potential milk and meat markets and determine which hold promise of employment opportunities, product expansion, market viability, value addition opportunities, quality improvement and input availability to producers.
General responsibilities are:
- Assist to Agricultural value chain specialist to collect data on the market assessments, conducted by government or other development partners on the selected commodity;
- Assist to Agricultural value chain specialist on the drafting an appropriate methodology for primary data collection and develop data collection tools, (e.g. market survey, interviews with market actors, key informant interviews, semi-structured interviews with key players as well as focus groups with selected sample in each value chain) that will be used to conduct the market assessment.
- Assist to Agricultural value chain specialist on the plan and conduct a market assessment focusing on:
- identification of major local, regional and, if applicable, distant markets
- assessment of size of markets, volume of sales, market integration/segmentation
- conduct assessments of demand and market conditions for products within selected value chains including analysis of input and output markets, their structure procurement processes, related standards, existence of monopolies, identification of lead firms, etc.;
- local market structure and enabling environment (e.g. security issues or policies affecting market access)
- market actors (consumers, sellers, traders, middle-men, employers) behaviour and dynamics between actors
- procurement mechanisms, market requirements (standards, conditions for delivery) and prices, logistic conditions.
- Other areas as identified by the methodology and data collection.
- University degree in business administration or any relevant to the related field.
- A minimum of 1 years of professional experience in related fields.
- Knowledge of the main sources of information and statistics for the collection of market.
- Familiarity with the agricultural sector in Mongolia, including its main actors and its commercial and institutional prospects.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work duties as well as work competently under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to and work effectively in the countryside;
- Good interpersonal, communication and participatory skills with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Excellent computer literacy, particularly, with MS Office suite;
- Working knowledge of English;
Interested candidates are invited to submit a Cover Letter Eng/Mon, CV (Curriculum Vitae) Eng/Mon, copy of diplomas along with two reference letters, no later than 11A.M. on 8 June, 2023 to Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Ligtht Industry at the following address: External affairs department, 6th Floor, Government building IXa, Peace avenue, Bayanzurkh District, Ulaanbaatar 13381, Mongolia or through email:email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Contact information: phone: 976+7010-4041