Food Security Consultant
LIVESTOCK COMMERCIALIZATION PROJECT (LCP)
The Government of Mongolia has received a loan from the World Bank toward the cost of the Livestock Commercialization Project (LCP). The project development objective is to improve livestock health, productivity, and commercialization of targeted value chains in project locations and to provide immediate and effective response in the event of an eligible crisis or emergency. The project is structured as an IPF financed by an IDA credit in the amount of US$30 million over five years.
The project is now seeking to recruit qualified individual for the following position:
Purpose of the assignment:The specialist will join the Project Preparation Team (PPT) to support the Lead Consultant during the Project preparatory phase in preparing and developing the concept note and full Proposal of the project, which shall be submitted to the World Bank in order to secure funding worth for project implementation. The specialist will formulate evidence-based strategies for strengthening value chains of selected food product, channelling public support to the value chain actors within the wider policy framework of improving food system in Mongolia. This will assist the project to contribute in developing sustainable and competitive food supply system and providing population with safe and nutritious food.
The specialist will bring to the project planning process previous experience with analysis and development of food supply chain, preferably in close collaboration with government and nongovernment organizations and other stakeholders and partners. It is also desirable that the specialist has a solid understanding of digital transformation and green and responsible agriculture and livestock sectors as to consider these cross-cutting issues in planning of project intervention for food value chain development.
Specific tasks will include the following:
- Collect and review appropriate and sufficient baseline information and data of food security /food availability, access and consumption/ at country level and food supply chain in the target areas;
- Analyze collected data and identify the project baseline in terms of current food policies, projects and stakeholders that are relevant to the project;
- Review current gaps in infrastructure of the product supply chain, and safety concerns of selected products of customers
- Propose interventions to establish an appropriate infrastructure and government and private sector supplies and services for efficient and reliable value chains to promote food system in Mongolia;
- Co-facilitate technical and consultative meetings with local government and community stakeholders to assist project planning;
- Contribute to the institutional capacity assessment for institutions to be involved in the project implementation, and drafting of a capacity building strategy to ensure successful project implementation;
- Contribute to the information management needs assessment, which will particularly focus on food security-based information management system, and draft of a strategy for improving knowledge-based decision making;
- Develop a draft Results Framework (including Outcomes, Outputs, activities, Indicators and Risks/Assumptions) of the proposed project interventions for value chain development;
- Contribute to the writing of the full proposal as well as guidelines and quality standards.
- An advanced university degree in an appropriate discipline related to food production and safety, management or other relevant professional fields.
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience in food security and agriculture sector;
- Familiarity and proven knowledge of the food and agricultural development policy and program;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work duties as well as work competently under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Good interpersonal, communication and participatory skills with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team of diverse skills and disciplines;
- Excellent computer literacy, particularly, with MS Office;
- Excellent command in both written and spoken English and Mongolian is required.
DURATION OF CONTRACTS AND RECRUITMENT TIMETABLE:
The assignment will begin on November, 2021. Duration of the contract will be for 4 months.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a Cover Letter, CV (Curriculum Vitae), copy of diplomas along with two reference letters in a sealed envelope indicating the position applied for, no later than 11AM on 12 October, 2021, to LCP Project Implementation Unit, at the following address: Room 602, 6th Floor, Park Place Office, 1st Khoroo, Sukhbaatar District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Contact information: phone: 8000-9915, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.