Milk and Dairy Products Consultant
LIVESTOCK COMMERCIALIZATION PROJECT (LCP
The Government of Mongolia has received a loan from the World Bank toward the cost of the Livestock Commercialization Project (LCP). The project development objective is to improve livestock health, productivity, and commercialization of targeted value chains in project locations and to provide immediate and effective response in the event of an eligible crisis or emergency. The project is structured as an IPF financed by an IDA credit in the amount of US$30 million over five years.
The project is now seeking to recruit qualified individual for the following position:
Milk and Dairy Products Consultant
Purpose of the assignment: The consultant will developing a compelling, evidence-based concept note for submission to the World Bank; and a full proposal thereafter. The consultant will conduct a baseline analysis of the identify opportunities to enhance provision of milk and dairy products to children and young people, as well as for the general public through increased dairy consumption while assuring and enhancing livelihoods of local dairy producers and interested entrepreneurs.
The consultant will bring to the program design process previous experience from developing and writing successful integrated, multi-sectoral proposals involving a number of stakeholders. It is desirable that the consultant also brings a good understanding of issues relating to local milk resources, the situations of the milk processing industry and overview of value addition in dairy by product. This will require scoping, reviewing, analysing, and integrating existing plans, projects, as well as additional technical/research partners (to be determined).
- Identify specific sites for project intervention and collect baseline information (whole year milk resourse, conditions and opportunities for dairy production etc) situation in the target areas;
- Identify the project baseline in terms of current policies, projects and stakeholders that are relevant to the project; Coordinate stakeholder workshops and meetings involving local authorities, milk producers, partner organizations and relevant ministries/government departments.;
- Undertake institutional capacity assessment for institutions to be involved in the project implementation, and draft a capacity building strategy (including training) to ensure successful project implementation;
- Identify a dairy products supply model that is appropriate for the Mongolian context and collectively develop criteria for selecting project areas.
- Conduct and facilitate technical and consultative meetings with local government and community stakeholders to assist project planning;
- Assess the institutional capacity assessment for institutions to be involved in the project implementation, and drafting of a capacity building strategy to ensure successful project implementation;
- Assess information management needs assessment, which will particularly focus on the agro-geo based information management system and GIS, and draft of a strategy for improving knowledge-based decision making;
- Develop a preliminary Project Results Framework including Outcomes, Outputs, activities, Indicators and Risks/Assumptions) of the proposed project interventions for dairy sector
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Master or higher degree in appropriate disciplines e.g., in the fields of food science, dairy processing technology and safety etc.;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in dairy processing or food science sector;
- Solid experience in working with dairy producers, understanding local needs and operational context;
- Background in working with/for international development institutions, hands on understanding of their requirements and work ethics will be advantageous;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work duties as well as work competently under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Proven ability and willingness to frequently travel to and work effectively in countryside;
- Good interpersonal, communication and participatory skills with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team of diverse skills and disciplines;
- Excellent computer literacy, particularly, with MS Office;
- Good proficiency in written English and Mongolian is required.
DURATION OF CONTRACTS AND RECRUITMENT TIMETABLE:
The assignment will begin on November, 2021. Duration of the contract will be for 4 months.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a Cover Letter, CV (Curriculum Vitae), copy of diplomas along with two reference letters in a sealed envelope indicating the position applied for, no later than 11AM on 12 October, 2021, to LCP Project Implementation Unit, at the following address: Room 602, 6th Floor, Park Place Office, 1st Khoroo, Sukhbaatar District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Contact information: phone: 8000-9915, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.